SAMHSA FY19 Tribal Opioid Response Grant: See List of Tribes that are Eligible to Apply!
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration released a grant funding opportunity announcement (FOA) entitled, “Tribal Opioid Response Grants”. The short title for this program is “TOR” and applications are due no later than Tuesday, August 6, 2019! Please share it with your colleagues and tribal stakeholders. Information on the FOA is below and the link for additional information is https://www.samhsa.gov/grants/grant-announcements/ti-19-012.
Also, attached is Appendix which provides the list of tribes that are eligible to apply for the FY19 TOR grant. Please note that If you did not receive a TOR grant in 2018 and your tribe is not listed in Appendix K, you may apply for $50,000.
- FOA Number: TI-19-012
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Purpose: This program aims to address the opioid crisis in tribal communities by increasing access to culturally appropriate and evidence-based treatment, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) using one of the three FDA-approved medications for the treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD).
- Eligibility: Federally recognized tribes and tribal organizations. Tribes and tribal organizations may elect to apply as part of a consortia or in partnership with urban Indian organizations. Tribes and tribal organizations may only be included in one grant application.
- Anticipated Total Available Funding: $35,985,372
- Anticipated Number of Awards: 163 awards
- Anticipated Award Amount: See Appendix K
- Length of Project: 2 years
- Cost Sharing/Match Required?: No
Have inquiries? Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the National Tribal Behavioral Health Agenda