There is a need for affordable housing on reservations, but we also know the desperate need for affordable housing in urban areas off the reservations. Urban areas have long been an important place for Native Tribes and people. These areas were once sacred territory of many tribal nations. Native people in urban areas are affected by poverty, substance abuse, and health problems. Native people in urban areas need an affordable stable home with access to services on site and within the community. We will discuss the financing tools that are available for single family and multifamily housing.
- What is Urban Indian Housing
- What type of housing should be developed
- What financial tools are available for Urban Indian Housing
- What services should be provided
- Case study- Urban Indian Housing in Chicago
Instructor: Shelly Tucciarelli (Turtle Clan Development Group)
Date: March 21, 2019
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Register for this webinar here!
- Offered: Online
- Start: March 21, 2019 -
- End: March 21, 2019 -