Uniform Guidance also known as the Super Circular also known as 2 CFR Part 200, includes provision 200.303 (Internal Controls) which requires entities to establish and maintain effective internal controls in a manner that provides reasonable assurance that the entity is managing its federal award in compliance with statutes and regulations. This session will focus on costs for travel that are reasonable, consistent and in accordance with 2 CFR Part 200.474 (Travel Costs) using the General Services Administration (GSA) per diem rates for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses within the Continental United States.
– The requirements of 2 CFR Part 200.474 (Travel Costs) and the impact to your internal controls and your policies and procedures
– The definition of the federal per diem and how to find the rate(s) for a city, county or state
– How to deal with a city not listed on the federal per diem website
– How hotels handle per diem or government rates
– The logistics of lodging, meals and incidental expenses.
Vince Franco, Compliance & Resource Development Director
Vince Franco joined the Seminole Tribe of Florida’s Native Learning Center in 2011. Before joining the NLC, he was the Executive Director of the Marine Industry Education Foundation of Palm Beach County – a 501 (c) (3) charitable nonprofit organization that supports youth oriented programs. In that capacity, he developed and managed numerous fundraising and outreach events, including conferences and workshops, specialized training programs, unique tournaments and outings, as well as scholarships and endowments, planned giving, and grants. Prior to working in Florida, he held the position of Executive Director of the Central Pennsylvania College Foundation and the Vice President of Education for Associated Builders and Contractors, Keystone Chapter near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Vince has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Northern Illinois University.
- Offered: Online
- Start: September 6, 2018 -
- End: September 6, 2018 -