The sweeping changes in the new grant regulations known as 2 CFR Part 200 created a radically different landscape for tribal governments and nonprofits competing for their share of more than $600 billion in federal grants awarded each year. This presentation will show grant writers and grant managers how to model success by introducing practical strategies and real-life examples designed to showcase winning proposal design and proactive grant management. Benefits include access to additional funding, strengthened program oversight, and better grant outcomes.
In this session, Lucy will give an overview of how to look for trends and details surrounding successful federal grant applications by walking through a hands-on demonstration of USAspending.gov, the publicly accessible, searchable website designed to give information on where taxpayer dollars are being spent. Grant writers and managers will gain insights into where funds are flowing and what areas are successfully being awarded federal funds. Attendees will learn how to create and navigate their own searches.
In this webinar you’ll discover:
- Tools to gain insight into where federal grants are awarded and who is receiving them
- How to create a search on USAspending.gov for grants filtered by funding agency and grant recipient name
- How to drill down on the details of individual grants and determine what type of projects federal agencies are funding
- Ways to deepen your understanding of federal funding decisions and strategies to leverage this information into more successful grant applications
Instructor: Lucy Morgan (My Fed Trainer)
Date: February 6, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Lucy Morgan, Lucy Morgan
Grant Development, Grants Education, Webinars
- Offered: Online
- Start: February 6, 2018 -
- End: February 6, 2018 -