For Kerretv Online login instructions click here
Focus Area: Tribal Government
Instructor: Drew Tulchin
Date: September 16, 2014
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm EST
Crowdfunding is defined as the use of small amounts of capital from a large number of individuals to finance a venture. It is an increasingly utilized channel for organizations, businesses, housing, and individuals in need of capital. This online funding tool has the potential to bridge a gap for valuable projects in isolated Tribal communities with the mainstream economy wishing to support good works.
This interactive webinar will explain the basics of how to organize and strategically implement a successful crowdfunding campaign. Participants will learn about pros and cons of raising money online, situations best suited for crowdfunding, basic legal considerations, and steps to get started.
• Define and explain crowdfunding;
• Understand the possibilities and limitations of this funding tool;
• Explore the different types of models;
• Gain familiarity with some of the different online platforms available;
• Learn best practices to apply to participant’s own crowdfunding campaign by reviewing case
study examples with first-hand knowledge in Indian Country.