HUD’s Eastern Woodlands Office of Native American Programs in collaboration with the Seminole Tribe of Florida Native Learning Center invites you to attend the Executive Director Training instructed by Christine Dennis, CPA, Tribal Consulting Resources, PLLC and Vince Franco, Compliance & Resource Development Director for the NLC at the Buffalo Marriott Niagara in Amherst, New York on May 20 – 22, 2015.
Today’s Indian Housing Executive Directors are challenged to develop exceptional management and problem-solving skills for program development while working with governing board members, tenants, community, and housing staff. This 2.5 day session provides a series of best practices as well as an opportunity for skill building that enhances Executive Director performance.
This training will highlight the following:
• Executive Director Orientation;
• The Role of the Governing Board Member;
• Remaining Current with Industry Information and HUD Program Guidance;
• Compliance and Business Management;
• Revenue Development;
• Tracking and Reporting;
• Organizational Development;
• Cost Principles under NAHASDA;
• Executive Leadership.
Who Should Attend:
• Employees of Indian Housing Authorities (IHA) and/or Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHE)
• Board of Directors/commissioners for Indian Housing Authorities (IHA) Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHE)
• Tribal Leadership
• Tribal non-profit organizations working in Affordable Housing
Registration is FREE for Native Americans and Those Working Within Indian Country
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
1340 Milersport Highway Amherst, NY 14221
Room Rate $108.00. Cut-off Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2015. For reservations call 716-689-6900 or 1-800-288-9290 and reference the Seminole Tribe of Florida or HUD ONAP Training.