EPA Environmental Justice Small Grants Opportunity is Now Open!!
2019 Request for Proposals
Full Proposal Due Date: Friday, February 15, 2019 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) program awards grants that support community-driven projects designed to engage, educate, and empower communities to better understand local environmental and public health issues and develop strategies for addressing those issues, building consensus in the community, and setting community priorities. The EJSG program will award approximately $1.5 million nationwide for this competitive opportunity. EPA anticipates awarding approximately 50 grants (5 per EPA region) of up to $30,000 each. These grants are for one-year projects.
See additional details at: FY2019 EJ Small Grants RFP webpage
Informational Pre-Application Assistance Calls
Potential applicants are invited to participate in conference calls with EPA to address questions about the EJSG Program and this solicitation. Interested persons may access the pre-application assistance calls by dialing 866-299-3188 and entering the code 202-564-6349# when prompted. The following are the conference call dates and times:
Date and Time (Eastern Time)
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 – 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 (EJSCREEN Tutorial for applicants) – 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 (en Espanol) – 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 – 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday January 31, 2019 – 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Is my organization eligible?
Eligible entities for this opportunity are as follows:
- incorporated non-profit organizations -including, but not limited to, environmental justice networks, faith based organizations and those affiliated with religious institutions
- federally recognized tribal governments-including Alaska Native Villages; OR
- tribal organizations
If your organization is NOT eligible, we encourage partnering with eligible entities on an EJSG project. See the RFP for more information.
How can I apply?
Click the link below to go directly to the EJSG program website to access the full RFP including instructions on applying through Grants.gov: FY2019 EJ Small Grants RFP webpage