3rd Annual Seminole Tribe of Florida Renewable Energy and Sustainability Conference
February 11, 2020 - February 13, 2020
The 3rd Annual Seminole Tribe of Florida Renewable Energy and Sustainability Conference will focus on the newly changing landscape for Tribal energy development and sustainability, including best practices, federal leadership, policy and regulatory changes, funding a project, and project planning/development trends. The Conference will give Tribes and First Nations an opportunity to explore the range of renewable energy and sustainability opportunities that exist and how to start the process.
Representatives from Tribes, First Nations, nongovernmental organizations, and private industry will give presentations and provide training objectives on a wide range of topics, including:
- Resources to help with Tribal energy projects
- Achieving self-sufficiency through energy planning and resource development
- Energy saving methods in design, development and construction
- Tribes undertaking large scale energy projects
- Developments driving change in the renewable energy and sustainability marketplace
- Tribal/private partnership opportunities
- Tribal case studies and lessons learned
- Funding sources for projects
- Leveraging available federal resources and materials to support Tribes and TDHE/Housing Departments
A Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on all three days of the conference. There is no cost to attend the conference, however participants are responsible for their own lodging, dinner, and travel/ground transportation costs. Advance registration is required by January 6, 2020. Because space is limited, attendance is capped at 100, and registrations will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
Registration is FREE for Native Americans and those working within Indian Country. In accordance with 2 CFR Chapter II Part 200, OMB Super Circular, Subpart E (Cost Principles), Provision 200.432 (Conferences), the Native Learning Center exercises discretion and judgment in ensuring that costs for conferences, training, technical assistance, and all other meetings and events (including retreats, seminars, symposiums, workshops, etc.), are appropriate, necessary, and managed in a manner that minimizes costs to its Federal award.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino for the 3rd Annual Seminole Tribe of Florida Renewable Energy and Sustainability Conference attendees from February 11-13, 2020 at the government rate of $208. A daily resort fee of $15 per person per day will be applied to each guest.
You must be registered for the Conference to qualify for the room block and the discounted government room rate. To book reservations attendees can call toll free (800) 937-0010 and refer to the group code 2020EnergyConference to receive the discounted group rate by end of day Friday, January 19, 2020.
Important information for all guests:
- Hotel check in time starts at 4:00 P.M.
- Hotel check-out time: 11:00 A.M.
- Cancellations require a 24-hour notice to qualify for refund of deposit.
- Valid photo I.D. and credit card are required at check in.
- Cardholders wishing to cover room charges for other guests will need to contact Customer Care at 800.937.0010 and provide a credit card number 24hr prior to arrival. Please be sure to let Customer Care know the number of nights you wish to pay for.
- Cardholders wishing to cover incidental charges for other guests will need to purchase a gift card for a minimum of $100.00 per night, per room. Gift cards can be purchased online.
- Room requests are based on availability at time of arrival, including smoking and/or bed preference. Every effort will be made to accommodate all requests.