US DOI Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Native Language Immersion Cooperative Agreement Solicitation; Application Deadline: July 20, 2018
Congress appropriated funds to the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) to build capacity for existing language immersion programs or create new programs leading to language immersion models throughout the BIE. Building capacity involves providing opportunities to collaborate with other BIE-funded schools, local community stakeholders, tribes, colleges/universities and parents to further enhance or create new Native Language Immersion Programs. Programmatic and instructional support are also needed to build capacity such as, but not limited to, developing, revising and refining standards, curriculum, scope, sequence, assessment and teaching strategies.
The purpose of this Cooperative Agreement solicitation is to build capacity within BIE by working with an outside organization(s) or consultant(s) to build foundational elements of a BIE Native Language Immersion initiative. Foundation elements include assessing needs, assets and preferences; strategic planning for the initiative; and organizational learning and development.
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Tribally controlled and operated colleges and universities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501©(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of high education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501©(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses/Private Consulting Firms