2018 National Tribal Forum on Air Quality | May 14-17, 2018 | Carlton, Minnesota
Hosted by: The Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
The National Tribal Forum on Air Quality (NTFAQ) provides an opportunity to meet, exchange ideas, and discuss current policies, regulatory initiatives, technical and outreach topics in air quality. The NTFAQ is coordinated by The Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) and the National Tribal Air Association (NTAA) through funding from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Online registration is now open for the 2018 NTFAQ! There is a $75 registration fee. Click HERE to register.
ITEP will provide a limited number of scholarships to cover eligible travel expenses for tribal employees. Scholarships will be reimbursed after the Forum. Requests for scholarships should be made using the online scholarship request form. The deadline to request scholarships for priority consideration is March 16, 2018. For more information on scholarships, see the “Register” tab HERE.
The following sessions and are being planned for Monday, May 14. Pre-registration is required; tribal travel scholarships may be available. For details and registration forms, see the NTFAQ Website.
- Session #1: VW Settlement Workshop: Monday, May 14, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Session #2: Radon Technical Workshop: Monday May 14, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Session #3: Introduction to Treatment as a State (TAS) for Air Quality, Monday May 14, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #4: Air Sensors Workshop: Monday May 14, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #5: Air Quality Grants Workshop: Monday May 14, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Session #6: Communicating Climate Change: Monday May 14, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
The agenda for this dynamic conference is still being developed, but you can expect to find the following topics and sessions:
- Air quality and health impacts
- Climate Change and Tribes
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Networking and information-sharing sessions
- NTAA Annual Membership Meeting
- Virgil Masayesva Tribal Air Programs Excellence Award Ceremony
- And much more!!!
Presentations, Training Sessions, Posters and Exhibits:
We want to hear from YOU at this conference! If you’re interested in presenting a poster or giving a training session or presentation please let us know! The more we can do to highlight the good work of the tribes, the more we’ll learn from one another. Presentation abstracts are accepted through March 16, 2018; requests for displaying a poster or information table during the Eco-Café Session will be accepted through April 13, 2018. All request forms can be found on the NTFAQ website.
Exhibitor, Sponsorship & Advertising Opportunities:
Is your organization or company interested in becoming a sponsor for the NTFAQ? Help enhance the conference and make your mark by signing on to be a top-level sponsor. This is the surest way to get your organization or company to stand out above the rest! Details and options are available on the NTFAQ website.
Details on the conference hotel, air travel, shuttle, and other details can be found on the NTFAQ Website.
Check our website for more information and updates! www.nau.edu/ntfaq