The NLC develops curriculum and delivers training that supports the primary objectives of NAHASDA and EWONAP’s mission of promoting the development of Native housing and housing related activities. The NLC provides participants with best practices curriculum that can be shared with their Tribal communities.
- Promoting affordable housing activities to develop, maintain, and operate affordable housing in safe and healthy Native communities;
- Ensuring better access to private mortgages for Native American Tribes and their Tribal members
- Promoting self-sufficiency of Native American Tribes and their Tribal members
- Coordinating activities to further economic and community development for Native American Tribes and their Tribal members
- Promoting development of private capital markets in Indian Country and allow such markets to operate and grow.
Visit the Training section of our website to learn more about the upcoming trainings that the NLC is providing.
Specifically, the NLC was designed to offer tuition free Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) to Native Americans and Indigenous people with an emphasis on the educational needs of tribal members and their communities. The NLC’s learning opportunities and resources focus on areas that are critical to the growth and improvement of quality of life for Native communities, and provide participants with the ability to walk away with learned skills that they will be able to share with their communities.
The NLC’s unique and culturally specific trainings and technical assistance cover topics pertaining to NAHASDA and the Indian Housing Block Grant (IHBG), as well as financial and fiscal management, personal financial planning, small business education, economic development, housing strategies, sustainable development, cultural preservation, and grants management, to name a few.
Overall, the mission of the NLC is established to provide Native and Indigenous people with knowledge and skills that improve quality of life through housing related educational programs. The Vision of the Native Learning Center is to be the recognized educational resource for the development of cultural and quality of life skills for all Native and Indigenous people.
Once your organization is ready to embark in the grant application process visit www.KerretvOnline.com NLC’s online environment for learning to view recorded webinars that include but not limited to the “Fundamentals of Grant Writing” and “Navigating Grants.gov and Other Online Grant Opportunity Portals”.