The National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) has new resources!
New Fact Sheets!
New and updated web pages!
- Media Kit
- Where to start with pest control
- FAQ: What should I do when carrying pesticides in my vehicle?
New FAQ Video!
Webinar Recording Now Live!
Presented on 4/12/18 by Alicia Leytem & April Strid
Target audience: Master Gardeners, County Extension Agents, Universities
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYfGYWaxvA
Discussing pesticides with the public can be tricky, even for trained professionals. Master gardeners are on the front line, providing information directly to the public on a wide range of topics.
In this webinar, pesticide specialists with the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) provide resources that master gardeners can use to navigate these conversations. We discuss topics including protecting pollinators from pesticides, comparing organic and conventional pesticides, how to minimize exposures to pesticides, and how individual risk perception influences behavior. The recording includes the Q&A after the presentation.
Request free brochures and other materials from NPIC
Thousands of people call NPIC each year asking questions about pesticide risk. We answer questions like these from communities across the country:
- How toxic is this pesticide to people? To pets? To bees?
- What are the environmental risks? What about well water?
- Is it safe to use insect repellents during pregnancy? On children?
- What are my options if I’m considering pest control for my home, yard, or garden?
- What if I want to use pesticides to control bed bugs?
- Where do I start if there is an incident involving people, animals, the environment, or bees?
- …and many, many more questions about indoor and outdoor pesticide use.
NPIC welcomes referrals from the public and professionals. Learn more about NPIC’s objectives and services here: http://npic.orst.edu/about.html
To request free brochures and ask about other available materials from NPIC, please contact us by calling 1-800-858-7378 8:00am to 12:00pm Pacific Time M-F or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Alliance of Safe Pest Control: Pests.org.
Pests.org is dedicated to protecting homes and families from pests and the diseases they carry. We provide the resources, reviews, and advice needed to make informed decisions and find the best solutions for pest control. Our reader-friendly guides offer comprehensive reviews for the most effective products and the best providers on the market today.